Black and Blue. A Miner control deck – Arena 7 Deck [3300+]
Black and Blue. A Miner control deck for Clash Royale Legendary Arena 7
With an Average Elixir cost of 3.8, this deck does very well for the cards it contains. I usually hover around the 3300 trophy range with this deck as I continue to experiment with it.
Your win condition is to push with your Miner and support it with the Mini Pekka and Fire Spirits/Minions for 9 or 10 elixir. Always remember to have Zap just in case.
Your strongest push is an 14 elixir push consisting of Miner, Minion Horde, Mini Pekka and Fire Spirits in that order.
Your worst starting hand would be something like Fire Spirits, Royal Giant (because you want to save it), Zap, Miner (nothing to support him and if you play him he’ll be out of rotation), and Elixir Collector as an upcoming card.
The deck: Cards Overview
Miner: The central card of this deck.The idea is to get the Miner to tank the Crown Tower while your support troops deal massive damage to it (mainly Mini Pekka or Minions)
Mini Pekka: Your primary win condition. The Mini Pekka is also used to deal massive damage to tanky cards.
Minion Horde: An alternative to the Mini Pekka in terms of damage output. Can also be an expensive bait for Zap, Arrows, or Princess. You can also send them down the lane with a Quick Drop Mini Pekka for a surprise attack.
Minions: Can be used in conjunction with the Mini Pekka for a light push (supported by the Miner of course). Minions are a cheap way to counter many semi tank cards.
Elixir Collector: Since the deck is push oriented, you’ll want a cycling card. The Elixir Collector fills that role. Place a Collector when you want to wait for your opponent to do something.
Fire Spirits: Used in conjunction with the Mini Pekka to take out weak distracting cards. You’re opponent can’t just drop Goblins to take out your push. That’s unfair.
Zap: The ultimate Tech Card. Everyone would know how to use Zap properly by now. Zap the tower if it’s targeting the Mini Pekka instead of the Miner to make it retarget to the Miner.
Royal Giant: Your “Ace in the Hole”. I almost never reveal this card unless I already have a tower or if a tower is weak.
Because the Mini Pekka is used got counter a lot you’ll find It’s easy to turn a counter into a solid push.
- X-bow/Mortar: Miner or Minions/Horde. If worse comes to worst you can always use your Royal Giant.
- Spawner Spam: You’ll want to harass them with your Miner so they can’t get as many spawners down as they want to. You’ll want to push strong on the other lane too (when possible)
- Prince/Hog Rider/Dark Prince: Minion Horde is the best counter. You can also use your Fire Spirits to pull the Princes to the middle kill zone.
- Hog or Balloon/Freeze: I don’t see much Freeze around lately. Mini Pekka for Hog, Minions/Horde for Balloon.
- Golem/Pekka (Tank decks): Mini Pekka or Minion Horde to take out the tanks. Use your Miner or Minions to take out the support (depending on what it is)
- Decks with the Elixir Collector: You have a Miner and some support cards. Destroying the Elixir Collector is a bonus.
- Royal Giant decks: You should immediately drop a Mini Pekka. Damage output is essential because the RG user will most definitely be going to chip damage the whole match. Turn your counter into a strong push with the Miner and some support troops.
- Sparky decks: Minions or Minion Horde 100% counters the Sparky if your opponent has no counter to them. If your opponent has a Wizard you can Zap the Sparky and then use your Mini Pekka instead.
- Lava Hound decks: This one is a little more tricky. Because the Hound moves so slowly it gives your opponent plenty of time to build up their push. Ideally the Minion Horde is your best bet, but even a level 9 Horde will have trouble taking out the Hound on it’s own before the opponents Arrows reach them. I will admit that it’s a difficult match up. I guess you need to keep the pressure on since the Hound costs 7 elixir.
- Giant and Balloon decks: Mini Pekka for the Giant and Minion Horde for the Balloon. Put priority on taking out the Balloon before taking out the Giant.
- Miner decks: Focus on taking out their support troops first. If you really need to take out the Miner quickly I suggest Mini Pekka or Fire Spirits.
- Lumberjack decks: You’ll want to use your counter for a strong push. Your opponent should have any elixir left if they’re using the LJ correctly. Mini Pekka + Minion Horde to counter their whole push and send a Miner to their tower before it starts targeting your push.
- Decent Princess/Zap decks: If your opponent is good with the Princess and Zap then you may find it difficult to get your push going or to the tower at all.
- Multi AoE spell decks: Decks with Zap and Arrows, Zap and Fireball, Poison and Fireball, Poison and Zap, etc, are kind of annoying.
- Really cheap decks: Decks that can cycle back to Zap and Goblins can hurt real bad.
- Zap and Goblins: If your opponent Zaps your Fire Spirits then counters your Mini Pekka with Goblins then you’re gonna have a bad time.
There’s probably more but I can’t think of any.
With so many pushing combinations and counters you have an almost limitless ability to play any opponent. Your opponent will become so used to your Miner that they’ll never suspect you have a Royal Giant. If you see they have good counters to the RG you can adapt your play style to try and bait those counters. Get your opponent used to using those counters on your main pushes and then, at double elixir, reveal your RG to scare the living daylights out of them. A quick standard push at the beginning can quickly and easily take a tower and cause “strong emotions” to come to your opponent.
I think this deck has enough power and diversity to overcome most of the meta decks. Because it’s so easy to turn a counter into a strong push I think this deck will do well for anyone who uses it.